Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Completely Encumbered

So today was an interesting day. Besides being my last day of school, which I will get to later, I had a funny experience.

When I left school today, I had a large reading book, a yearbook, and some pencils and pens. And my cell phone too but whatever. Anyway, we're not aloud to bring backpacks to school during the last week (the staff is terrified of pranks) so I brought everything in a medium sized carry bag. Everything fit perfectly.

Because it's also finals, we only went to our 2nd, 4th, and 6th hours (we had gone to the other hours yesterday). Anyway, in 2nd hour, which is Seminary, I had to take home my notebook and my scriptures, which includes the Bible, Old and New Testaments, Book of Mormon, D&C, and the Pearl of Great Price. So, when I left that class, I had my seminary notebook, my scriptures, my large reading book, my yearbook, and some pencils and pens.

Next, in my 4th hour, which is Choir, my friend Rachael gave me back the book she had been borrowing, which happened to be "Wicked". And later, my teacher said we needed to take home our choir notebooks as well. So now I had "Wicked", my choir notebook, my seminary notebook, my scriptures, my large reading book, my yearbook, and some pencils and pens.

Now, at this point, my bag weight about ten pounds. Not too bad except that it didn't all fit in there and I had to carry some things by hand. Also, the bag was getting uncomfortable to put on my shoulder.

On my way to 6th hour, I bought some food. Two muffins and a water bottle. Not heavy. Except I had to carry it all in my already full hands.

Then, at 6th hour, our teacher gave us this stupid AIMS booklet, and it was a big booklet, that said how we had done on previous AIMS tests and told us what we needed to study for next year. And then later, we got the final edition for our school newspaper. And then, on my way to the office to turn in some paper, I met up with some of my friends. They wanted me to sign this shirt, which I agreed too. Then, we had to leave each other as we were heading in different directions and I accidentally walked off with not just the shirt, but the Sharpe marker as well. So, when I finally reached the office, I looked like a total dork. At that point, I was carrying a Sharpe marker, a tee-shirt, an AIMS booklet, a copy of the school newspaper, two muffin wrappers, a half-empty water bottle, "Wicked", my choir notebook, my seminary notebook, my scriptures, my large reading book, my yearbook, and some pencils and pens. You would not believe how stupid I looked.

And that is my story. The moral is, not being able to bring your backpacks to school is a dumb rule.

The End

No comments: