Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why I Didn't Like the "Twilight" Movie

I've probably already risked my life in just mentioning the above word in a disparaging way. So heck, since I'm already going to die, I might as well keep going.

The other day, I saw the "Twilight" movie for the first time in the dollar theater. I'm not a huge fan of the books, (that's a post for another day) but I was willing to be entertained by the movie nonetheless. Man oh man, that movie was bad. It wasn't obnoxiously bad so I don't hate it but wow, for a movie about forbidden love and basic teenage angst, it sure was boring. I can honestly say that nothing interesting happened until the end, and by that point, it was too late.

For those who have been living under a rock for the past four years, "Twilight" is about a girl named Mary-Sue, *cough* excuse me, I mean Bella Swan, who goes across the country, for reason pretty much unexplained, to live with her dad in Forks, Washington. She is pretty and perfect and hates her new school because all the people are so dang friendly and nice and just won't leave her along long enough for her to cry her little emo tears. Until one day, she sees this totally hot pale guy who gives her death glares and talks frequently about killing her. *Spoiler* He's a vampire. Oh dang.

Anyway, the music score was over-dramatic, the acting was, at times, laughable, and the story felt lacking. This is suppose to be an emotionaly charged story. So why was there so little emotion?

2 comments:

Dave and Cindy said...

Thank you. I have renewed my decision to NOT see Twilight. I really don't understand all these people who are going back again and again and AGAIN... Good grief people. Get a life! Or at least a slightly more interesting one.

And now for the news that you're going to hate... I won't be able to come to your play. [winces, waiting for the blow] I'm so SO sorry! I'm catching a flight, very last minute, to go see my baby sis before she leaves for her mission in a few weeks. Tickets were cheapest this weekend so that's when I'm going. Thurs-Mon, actually, which means I am definitely going to need some video clips of you in the play. Or at least some pics. I know you'll do GREAT! Good luck. Oops. Isn't wishing you luck actually supposedly BAD luck? I guess I meant "break a leg" or some other non-unlucky cliche. =)

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

Hey - found your blog on Sis. Young's. I too hated the Twilight movie; however enjoyed the books (sorry). Bro. McDowell also read them with me - and HATED the end! I enjoyed reading your reviews. :o)