Saturday, August 8, 2009

'Tis the end of an era...

Aw summer. Guess there's really not that much else to say overall. 'Cept that it's done.

*sigh* School starts on Monday. Lovely.

But that's not what this post is about! No no, we're going to be positive, not put the past behind us, and discuss summer. Because it was pretty hot.

Nothing especially exemplary happened this summer, until the end, in which I was gone for almost three weeks straight on two entirely separate vacations. In the first, as many of you know, I went to New Mexico for Pioneer Day. Pioneer Day in Ramah, New Mexico, is very much like it is in Utah, namely there's a parade, people are off work, and children run around covered in sawdust looking for loose change. Unlike in Utah, at least I would assume, the parade was only about 5-10 minutes long, about which I was perfectly fine. Best parade I ever saw.

The next major vacation spot was at the Homestead, which is where all the dad's family's family reunions are held. It was cool (literally), mostly relaxing, and very sociable. I ate a crawdad that my cousins slaved away at catching for me, viewed a truly vicious spider attack, and squirted water on my younger cousin's from the balcony, causing them to honestly think it was raining. It was a good week.

And while the above are the only major vacations that occurred, there were plenty of smaller things that happened as well. I didn't read much this summer, a fact that's disturbing me greatly, I assure you, I saw plenty of movies. But more strange than all the movies is the musicals I saw this summer, both live and on screen. Starting a few weeks before school ended, I saw Fiddler on the Roof, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Cats, Wicked, Sweeney Todd, Across the Universe, and part of the Pirates of Penzance. Odd. Very odd. And, if I get around to it, I might just have to devote an entire post to the stupidity that is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Yeah, some of you might like that show, but you cannot deny that it made no sense whatsoever.

So that was summer, or some if it, at least. So yeah. That's about it.

Just remembered, I lied, that's not about it. I got a car. Kind of. So there. That's about it.

2 comments:

CSimper said...

You may want to mention that your uncle cooked the crawdad before you ate it.

Shauntel said...

Hmm... I suppose that might just be important... Huh...